Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director
The Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director position is an opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and varied position investing across multiple sectors of life sciences. As part of a small team, the Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director should be a motivated self-starter seeking to gain broad exposure to all areas of investing, from due diligence to investment execution and portfolio management. The role will require flexibility and a willingness to dive in and dig deep as needed. The Candidate should be a positive, high-energy individual with a strong enthusiasm to learn various sectors of life sciences and capable of interacting with senior management teams.
The Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director will be part of our team responsible for originating, evaluating, and managing Pivotal Life Sciences’ direct investments in platform and growth-stage companies. The Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director is expected to perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities across the life sciences sector. The Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director will conduct due diligence by evaluating the scientific/technical, clinical, regulatory, and commercial aspects of target companies, interviewing industry experts and performing valuation and financial analyses via modeling. Alongside the fund’s Partners, the Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director will formulate investment hypotheses and summarize due diligence on prospective investments in internal memorandum and case decks. The Med. Tech, Research, Tools + Diagnostic Investment Director may also support portfolio companies.
- MD or PhD degree required, MBA a plus
- 3-6 years’of relevant work experience from business development in a life sciences company, high end healthcare strategy consulting firm,and/or healthcare investment banking/equity research;
- Experience with financial modeling (e.g., capitalization tables, budgeting, forecasting, market benchmarking and returns)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding investigative skills, detail-oriented, proactive, self-motivated
- Intellectually curious with a strong work ethic and ability to deliver results independently, with strong interpersonal skills to also thrive in a team environment